The Free Games Bin

The Free Games Bin

Postby Couchfighter » October 9th, 2014, 5:58 am

Every now and then there's specials on digital retail stores that let you grab some games for absolutely nothing. I figured we could let people know here when there's swag up for grabs, free lunch ftw yes?

I just noticed that you can install and keep Dragon Age: Origins and Bejeweled 3 on Origin (pc) at the moment. Thought I'd let y'all know. If you haven't played Dragon Age 1 before it is definitely worth checking out, one of my favourite rpg's.
Last edited by Couchfighter on October 23rd, 2014, 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Couchfighter

Postby Deviant » October 14th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Gamespot wrote:Later this week, you'll be able to download a free copy of Payday, the heist-themed shooter from Overkill Software.

This month marks the three-year anniversary of the game (and, by extension, the series), which debuted on October 18, 2011. Overkill has been trying to attract players to join the official Payday 2 group on Steam, offering various in-game rewards as milestones were reached. This includes "secret stuff" that remains in development and will be given away for free once it's ready.

Because the goal of 1.5 million was reached sooner than expected, Overkill will give away the original Payday sooner than it was planning. Beginning at 10am Pacific on Thursday, October 16, you'll have 24 hours to claim your free copy of the game from Steam, where it ordinarily costs $15.

As a very good co-op game, being able to get the game for free means you and your friends won't have any excuse not to make Payday a part of your Steam library.

More free stuffs!
Deviant

Postby Couchfighter » October 14th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Thanks Deviant! More free Steam account swag for goodness. o/
Couchfighter

Postby Deviant » October 15th, 2014, 5:44 am

GoG has Alien vs Predator giveaway. You can get it for free until friday.
Deviant

Postby Couchfighter » October 18th, 2014, 8:15 am

Until Oct 20th you get XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free for Steam if you vote in the Golden Joysticks awards at computerandvideogames.com . Vote, then follow the link to greenmangaming to claim the game. Also if you play the game you then get an 80% discount on the Enemy Within expansion!
Couchfighter

Postby Helnova » October 18th, 2014, 10:30 am

Everyone is too afraid of being flanked hardcore by me to get that game.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Postby Ramma » October 19th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Helnova wrote:Everyone is too afraid of being flanked hardcore by me to get that game.

ooooh my god....that avatar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap:
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Helnova » October 19th, 2014, 7:38 pm

P4p best vampire.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Postby Couchfighter » October 20th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Digging into the more obscure now. Gog.com used to focus completely on rereleasing old DOS games, and a few of them can be added to your gog account for download for free as well. Here is the list of what's free there: http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&price=free&page=1

Some of those are shite, admittedly. Tyrian 2000 and Stargunner are excellent schmups from the Dos era, and Beneath a Steel Sky is a classic from the point and click monkey island'esque genre.
Couchfighter

Postby Rubedo » October 21st, 2014, 11:58 am

This should turn into a "Free Shit" topic.

Always good, depending on what's on the menu.
SSF4: Main: Makoto Alt:?
SFV: Main: Karin Alt: Ryu
TTT2: Jin/Asuka/Leo/Paul/Jaycee

Rubedo

Gamertag: I Rubedo I
PSN ID: BurningRubedo

Next

Return to Other Games