I still have a ton of those exp items :ross:

*edit*

28 peltasta and around 100 exp cards :cop:
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Tree of Savior

Postby Couchfighter » November 3rd, 2015, 7:10 pm

Hey y'all, figured it might be good to have our own topic for discussing the super kawaii Tree of Savior game so we don't spam down Helnova's more general PC Multiplayer topic. What is Tree of Savior you might ask? It is a spiritual successor to Ragnarök Online, a much loved anime 2D grindfest of a MMORPG.

Tree of Savior which is currently in its second closed beta testing is a bit more modern looking, but still plays and feels very much like the old RO. For more info here is their website: https://treeofsavior.com/

To start things off, here's my thoughts so far on the Archer class:

Stats:

In the first zone, an NPC will tell you that STR is the main stat for archers, and I painfully levelled up to 50 dumping almost all stats into STR, with some DEX for accurary and crit. This was a huge mistake. Archers do pitiful autoattack damage and rely completely on their abilities to kill stuff, so if you are making one, I strongly suggest making SPI your main stat! I just spent a couple iCoins on respeccing when I hit 50, and the difference is as night and day.

When you're at a decent looking grinding spot, kill stuff using mainly Oblique Shot until you're out of mana, then put down a bonfire and rest up. Sure its a bit dull to rest so frequently, but with juiced up SPI you can kill quite a bit before going out of mana, and resting it up only takes a minute.

Class Advancement:

Almost every discussion I've seen suggests sticking with the standard Archer class until Tier 3 is complete, and looking at the skills and the way we play, it makes a lot of sense. The basic Archer skills Multi Shot, Oblique Shot and Swift Step will be your bread and butter skills until 50 and well beyond so there is no need to change classes until they are all at 15/15.

Skills and Skill Attribute Training:

Example Build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9hkmosvjaa/

Starting off, all skill upgrades should go into Oblique Shot and Multi Shot, with leftover points into Swift Step. Oblique shot will be your go to skill for killing pairs of enemies or doing damage while chased, while Multi Shot takes care of bosses and champion creatures. When there's time, it is also better to charge up a multishot on regular enemies instead of Oblique.

For Skill Attributes, you want Leather Armor Specialization, Multi Shot: Enchance+Critical, and Oblique: Enhance, the rest can be ignored. Once Swift Step is around level 10 and higher, start training Swift Step: Critical and Oblique Shot: Slow. Once Swift Step is trained a bit with Attributes it becomes a skill you will want active in your grind spots and boss battles, for the big critical chance bonus.
Couchfighter

Postby Couchfighter » November 4th, 2015, 4:21 pm

The devs have been given more Steam keys for the ongoing closed beta, which will be given out until they run out or until Nov 6th. Here's the details: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announ ... keys/99918

If you apply for a key make sure to follow the registration closely, there have been some who thought they were registered for a beta key and didn't get theirs.

Hope to see some more of you come check ToS out. If you do get a key, Herm, Angelus and myself are playing on Zemyna server.

Edit: Just saw, apparently this round of applicants aren't guaranteed a key, they will be drawn at random. Booh. Still, doesn't hurt to try.
Couchfighter

Postby Angelus » November 6th, 2015, 12:45 pm

Selling stuff for +31k :kreygasm:

Angelus

Postby Couchfighter » November 7th, 2015, 7:59 am

I need to grind someplace with decent cash drops. Any suggestions ?

Doesn't have to be the highest spawn spots since my archer needs to regen mana now and then anyway. :)
Couchfighter

Postby Angelus » November 7th, 2015, 8:13 am

Do archers do strike or piercing damage?
I'd suggest finding a good spot where the enemies are weak to your attack.

I'm unsure myself where you can farm for good selling items.
Angelus

Postby Couchfighter » November 7th, 2015, 9:22 am

Pretty sure its pierce on all my attacks but the ability tooltips words it differently than the ingame help screen for figuring out creature resistance/weaknesses. ><

Edit: Just checked, my skills just say 'Missile' and the bow just says 'Physical Attack'. :P
Couchfighter

Postby Angelus » November 7th, 2015, 10:31 am

Oh, nvm then :p

Also double checked here:

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Damage_Type
Angelus

Postby Angelus » November 7th, 2015, 12:28 pm

On the right side of Veja Ravine are Tanus.
They drop gear ranging from 2.2k to 3.8k.

They're not difficult (lvl 46 and weak to slash) and spawn pretty fast
Angelus

Postby Couchfighter » November 7th, 2015, 12:50 pm

On that wikipage:

Code: Select all
Missile

Datamined!
    Suffers a 25% damage penalty against M size monsters.
    Suffers a 50% damage penalty against L size monsters.
    Suffers a 50% damage penalty against XL size monsters.

Note: Bows, crossbows, pistols, muskets, cannons(?) all deal missile damage, as well as numerous Archer classes skills.

Actually this rings very true with my own experiences, I haven't found any particular enemy type which is weaker than others to my arrows, but larger sized enemies definitely have higher damage resistance. If I aggro a large monster while out of mana it can take minutes to shoot it down unless I run or do the sit spam for mana regen. :P

Cheers for the tip, I might go there to have a look! Sick of grinding xp on mobs that drop seemingly nothing other than the odd leaf that vendors for jack shit.
Couchfighter

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games