Horde Combat

First stage

Postby HORDECOMBAT » December 27th, 2015, 8:55 am

I've just create the first stage, there is a ancient tomb inside it.

phpBB [video]

HORDECOMBAT

Postby HORDECOMBAT » December 28th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Here is the test of Elf's Fire Kick, I will add more details later so it could look like Mortal Kombat

phpBB [video]

HORDECOMBAT

Postby HORDECOMBAT » December 30th, 2015, 8:51 pm

I recreate this animation follow Mortal Kombat style (Idle animation still has a bug, I will fix it later)

phpBB [video]

HORDECOMBAT

Postby HORDECOMBAT » January 7th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Because Orgk is a melee fighter, so he has to summon a dragon for range attacks (they cost a lot of gauge points).

phpBB [video]

HORDECOMBAT

Postby HORDECOMBAT » January 7th, 2016, 9:17 pm

I want to explain more about the game idea here:
- The fire breathing skill is anti-air move. It is quite slow and unblockable, so it could be used for defending or initiate another combo. For dodging, opponent must crouch, only Titan still get hit because of his large size. Although Dwarf and Halfling couldn't crouch, this move still wouldn't hit them (except they jump up). Centaur couldn't crouch too, but he is in normal height, so he will be hit easily (he has to dash back, so Orgk will have a chance to send a kick right at his face).
- The dash and stomp skills are unblockable too, so opponent must jump away to dodge these moves, opponent's height doesn't affect in this case.
- Orgk is strong at close range, for balancing, his far range moves and projectiles consume a lot gauge points.

HORDECOMBAT

Postby HORDECOMBAT » January 8th, 2016, 12:32 am

In this game's philosophy, size and movement style do matter, each race each character has pros and cons. I don't want to let a race could counter entirely any specific race.
For example, Angel could fly with wings, so in normal idle state of flying stance (like stances in Tekken 3), she is in mid air and her feet do not land at ground, therefore she would dodge low attacks like crouching sweep kick easily, she will gain advantage over short races like Halfling and Drawf . But, in this stance, she couldn't crouch immediately, so some character with long range attack could throw a ton of fun to her. For example, Rikky The Halfling would use her gunaxes for shooting Angel like a bird.
Centaur has 4 legs of horse, he can walk, run, jump so fast, but horse couldn't run backward smoothly or crouch instantly. So he will have a back stance, can attack with his two back legs and run or dash backward more efficiently.
Mermaid is just a walking fish, she don't have ability to jump like a frog, but she might summon a tide to bring her in the air like a whale (these skills just cost a small amount of gauge points ).

HORDECOMBAT

Postby Angelus » January 8th, 2016, 4:35 am

How do you deal with the unblockables on wake-up in this game? Do backdashes have invincibility or does anyone have invincible attacks to deal with meaty stomps?
The stomp also looks like it isn't that punishable since it recovers quite quickly before the dragon even shows up.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby HORDECOMBAT » January 8th, 2016, 5:30 am

@Angelous : Yeah, there will be chance for opponent could cancel these unblockable moves (by attack Orgk while he is channeling the summoning skills), or Orgk must freeze for a while so opponent would make a trade skill at the same time.

HORDECOMBAT

Postby Angelus » January 8th, 2016, 5:34 am

Isn't it impossible to do when he uses it as a meaty on your wake-up, though?
For example, imagine he does a hard knockdown sweep. He then uses the dragon while you're knocked down and waits/blocks. The dragon will then hit you just as soon as u get up.
Unless you have an invincible or armored backdash/move or something else to bypass this, u're in a pinch.
That's the issue with adding unblockables that can potentially recover in time, are invincible or have armor properties in a fighting game, imo.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Helnova » January 8th, 2016, 11:21 am

Angelus wrote:He then uses the dragon while you're knocked down

:mvgame:

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games