JoJo's Bizarrre Adventure All-Star Battle

JoJo's Bizarrre Adventure All-Star Battle

Postby wauhti » September 17th, 2012, 4:08 am

Famitsu recently posted an article detailing the gameplay systems of the upcoming JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle. In short, the system is very similar to the classic JoJo’s gameplay we all know and love. It is still a four button system comprising weak, medium, strong, and character specific attacks. Basic gatlings are present in the game, though a Persona 4 Arena style auto-combo mechanic, albeit based more on timing than mashing, also exists.

SoWL on Dustloop has provided a full translation of the article which can be read below.

A not-so-short summary of the system:

Each character has a Style button that defines how he fights. This is different from the BB Drive in that many characters share similar Styles. For example, Jotaro’s Style summons Star Platinum, while Joseph’s makes him use the Ripple. Basically, it’s the same old Stand button from the old JoJo, just with a more universal name.

The gauges are health (self-explanatory), guard (depletes while guarding attacks, causing guard crush when it’s empty), and Heart Heat (the super gauge). Some characters also have unique gauges over the Heart Heat one: Joseph’s makes his consecutive Ripple attacks stronger, like Akihiko.
    One stock of Heart Heat gauge can be used to perform a “Heart Heat Attack”, while two can be used to perform a “Great Heat Attack”. For example, Jotaro’s HHA is “Oraoraoraora!”, his signature flurry of punches, while his GHA is “You pissed me off”, which turn the screen into a manga panel and freezes time before delivering even more punches.

You can perform a Stylish Move: the character strikes one of his poses and dodges the attack completely. It costs some Guard Gauge, but gives you a great chance to counter-attack.

Taunting the opponent depletes the enemy’s Heart Heat gauge, and has some very flashy animations, especially after you win the round.

The game has chain combos with Weak, Medium and Strong attacks, but there is also the “Easy Beat” option. Just press the Weak attack button with proper timing, and you will perform a combo with a HHA at the end.

The game’s RC mechanic is “Puttsun Cancel”. By spending some of the Heart Heat gauge after performing a special move, you can freeze your opponent for a while, either giving you time to continue the combo or make your moves less punishable.

Tandem Attacks are still in for the characters who have the Stand style. It also still consumes some of the Heart Heat gauge.

There are stage gimmicks, though it doesn’t specify whether you can turn them off or not.

All the newcomers have the Stand style, even Mista.

Giorno’s revaled moves are “Life… Arise…” (he grows a tree and climbs it, probably has unique follow-ups), “The sharp pains… They’re hitting me slowly!..” (HHA, a slow-mo punch of Gold Experience) and “Neverending End” (GHA, Gold Experience is transformed into Gold Experience Requiem, gaining new abilities).

Mista got a gauge that shows the amount of bullets he has. His moves are “I’ll shoot the hell out of you!” (obviously shoots bullets, zoning the enemy) and “Now I’m serious” (GHA, Mista shoots a bullet that gets redirected by Sex Pistols multiple times).

Kakyoin’s moves are “How about this!” (Hierophant Green unravels into strings), “I shall punish you” (HHA, a combo with Hierophant Green) and “20m Radius Emerald Splash” (GHA, shoots many emeralds all over the screen).

Polnareff’s moves are “Prepare to be skewered!” (many fast stabs with Silver Chariot), “Can’t catch me when I take off the armor!” (HHA, removes Silver Chariot’s armor, making it faster, but lowering defense) and “Gives you chills, doesn’t it?” (GHA, a very fast attack with Silver Chariot’s afterimages).

Confimed characters so far:

Joseph Joestar (Part 2 aka Young version)
Wham (Part 2)
Jotaro Kujo (Part 3)
Kakyoin Noriaki (Part 3)
Jean de Pierre Polnareff (Part 3)
Giorno Giovanni (Part 5)
Guido Mista (Part 5)
Gyro Zeppeli (Part 7)

Uncorfirmed:

Jonathan Joestar (Part 1) Appeared as a silhouette in the announcement trailer.
Josuke Higashikata (Part 4) Appeared as a silhouette in the announcement trailer.
Jolyne Kujo (Part 6) Appeared as a silhouette in the announcement trailer.
Johnny Joestar (Part 7) Appeared as a silhouette in the announcement trailer.
Rohan Kishibe (Part 4) Appeared in the opening of the trailer but his role as a playable character is not confirmed.
Dio Brando (Part 1/3) is not shown in the battles, but he appears in the trailer "breaking the glass" before a "to be continued" legend appears

It will be have few characters from all parts so I'm sure that there will be Josuke from Part 4 and Jolyne from Part 6. Also Arch enemy: Dio from Part 1 and Part 3.

Last edited by wauhti on September 17th, 2012, 4:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
Youtube: ArtificialStar
UNIEL: Eltnum, Hilda
GGXrd: Elphelt, I-No
wauhti

Gamertag: wauhti
PSN ID: wauhti

Postby wauhti » September 17th, 2012, 4:13 am

Now it's more like fighter game than Naruto/DBZ like games. First all thought that it will be similar than example DBZ Burst limit, seems it wasn't true.

I'm definitely buying this. Only minus is auto-combo system which is used on P4A. But I don't think that they're that good.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
wauhti

Postby NewKama-takamura » September 17th, 2012, 6:36 am

only way im even going to consider buying this is if

A- its a proper fighting game
B- they include dio/shadow dio
C- it has proper online
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby Kabuki Jack » September 17th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Give me Hol Horse, Rubber and Esidisi and i'll be there head first.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

PSN ID: Jack-o-Lanter

Postby Omega-Desu » September 17th, 2012, 12:04 pm

The models look a tad lacklustre in terms of emotion and facial expressions. I think I've been spoiled by the expressions the SFIV cast had.
Omega-Desu

Gamertag: OmegaBPK

Postby wauhti » September 17th, 2012, 1:16 pm

what you can expect from Jotaro?

never smiles
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
wauhti

Postby Sublime » September 17th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Looks very decent in my eyes!! Cant wait get some accual gameplay!

Prob i will rather buy this than waste my cash on my HD revamp version in PSN store

"People who lose to cyborg either don't know what the hell they are doing and I'm getting away with murder or are simply impatient."
Sublime

PSN ID: The_Finnish

Postby NewKama-takamura » September 18th, 2012, 5:41 am

JOJO2 is a really good classic fighter and the rerelease is just HD and online with replays buts its done well. only problem with the game is Petshop (fuck this bird) and the fact that there's no scene for JOJO2 outside of japan but then again the european and american fgc is complete shit when it comes to appreciating non mainstream games all people care about is sf4 mvc3 tekken and the 012 folks who think sfxt is a good game
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby wauhti » September 18th, 2012, 2:27 pm

JoJo2 HD is one my all time fav game ever. But just like other games, can't keep up and mainstream games will eating people. It will be same scenario what Call of Duty did 2008-2012, killing other shooters
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
wauhti

Postby PlatinumPerk » September 18th, 2012, 3:34 pm

I had doubts about jojo2hd but im really enjoying it. Gameplay in jojo2 is fresher than in most new 2d fighting games including sf4, bb and sfxt.
PlatinumPerk

Next

Return to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD