Golden FT10 Journal

Meet up with others online.

Golden FT10 Journal

Postby Helnova » February 27th, 2015, 9:30 pm

I'm going to keep a record of my Sagat's ft10's in here. Feel free to challenge me on steam.

Hopefully I'll have time to upload vids for all to critique the Golden One :kappa:

FT10 Challenges

Ralenzo
Couchfighter
PaperPerk
Pecka
Smail
Angelus
Shrapie

FT10 Results

GoldenGat 10-9 Pecká

Spoiler: show
Ridiculous set that went down to the final round and finished with me time outing pecka whilst on low health and being hit by a combo.

It was a back and forth affair but I rarely felt comfortable in the match, I never found consistent success with any pokes and struggled to find my range with them.

Tiger Knee traps didn't work very well and neither did jumping in :kappa:

I felt I did my best when I could let rip with fireballs and actually managed to anti air but I rarely felt confident throwing them out in the match. I feel if I am to have better success against Deejay in the future I need to utilize Sagats fireballs better and his anti airs.

I won just barely simply by edging it out none of my play really was convincing.

Props to pecka for playing well and not really letting me get away with anything. I couldn't even neutral jump without being punished for it 90% of the time.

The Golden One just managed to pull off this victory so i'd like to rematch you someday soon to see if I learned anything from this set.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

GoldenGat 10-5 Couchfighter

Was a fun set with Couchfighter, you played the matchup smart always looking to push me to the corner. When you got me in the corner I was pretty much screwed so it's the last place I wanted to be. Your corner pressure was really something.

I was getting confused with my bnbs a few times in the match, I wasn't pleased with not maximizing damage when the opportunity presented itself. However I felt my anti airs and general fireball game was better than in the set with pecká (but still a ways to go).

I couldn't throw out many normals without being punished so I learned to block more later in the set. I had to respect your Guile in the corner or when you were in footsie range otherwise i'd eat a lot of damage.

phpBB [video]

GoldenGat 0-10 Smail

I knew going into this set that I would struggle because i've barely played against Rolento in general.

The Smail started the game lagging me out with his stream, which the Golden One did not appreciate.

Once the lag was gone I started to feel more comfortable but losing a few close sets with an execution error or something equally as demoralizing I lost focus and that was pretty much the end of the set.

At the moment I find Rolento an awkward matchup and it didn't help that Smails Rolento is actually good.

I think due to maining Vega the Golden Gat's preferred defence is trying to patiently block and cr tech. I don't have the killer instinct with the Tiger Uppercut that I probably need to keep Rolento honest.

Overall free for the Smail but i'm glad that i've racked up some prolonged Rolento experience.

I would like to rematch you in a couple of weeks or so to see if I can perform better.

phpBB [video]

GoldenGat 10 - 3 Shrapie

First mirror match, still have PaperPerk's Gat to play.

I felt I started pretty poorly, particularly with anti airs in this set.

I did improve with them a lot later in the set though, which pleased me greatly :ross: however this may be due to Shrapie jumping in more.

Shrapie started the set pretty solid. I was throwing fireball feints but he only jumped at me when I threw a tiger shot. Which I was like Gaw how am I supposed to anti air like this :kappa:

I used a lot of Ex Tiger Knees in true GoldenGat style, even though it's safe on block I feel I rely on it a little too much. If Shrapie neutral jumped more I could have been punished for it.

Shrapie used U2 for this match and nailed me a couple of times. I think U2 probably is the better ultra for this match due to the fireball war however I prefer U1 so I that's the one I used :kappa:

I do feel like i'm improving, especially with anti airs after a few games in so that is encouraging.
Last edited by Helnova on March 6th, 2015, 5:16 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Postby PlatinumPerk » February 27th, 2015, 9:47 pm

I challenge you with my platinum Sagat.
PlatinumPerk

Postby Pecka' » February 27th, 2015, 10:02 pm

I challenge you with my rusty iron Dee Jay.
Pecka'

Postby Helnova » February 27th, 2015, 10:08 pm

The Golden one acknowledges, accepts and appreciates your challenges. (this will be known as triple A from now on)

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Postby TheForgottenOne » February 27th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Come see my Rolento bro
Bye bye

TheForgottenOne

Gamertag: FBV Chin

Postby Helnova » February 28th, 2015, 12:14 am

Triple A coming right you.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Postby Angelus » February 28th, 2015, 8:46 am

Come see my hidden special character that is absolutely not Honda.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby TheForgottenOne » February 28th, 2015, 10:49 am

phpBB [video]
Bye bye

TheForgottenOne

Gamertag: FBV Chin

Postby Ramma » March 1st, 2015, 12:57 pm

You know what...

Your Golden Gat has officially been challenged by my Golden Gief.

:f: :df: :d: :db: :b: :ub: :u: :uf: :punch: K.O.!

....on XBL :wink:
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Helnova » March 1st, 2015, 1:01 pm

Ramma wrote:You know what...

Your Golden Gat has officially been challenged by my Golden Gief.

:f: :df: :d: :db: :b: :ub: :u: :uf: :punch: K.O.!

....on XBL :wink:

Steam or it's just a dream.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Next

Return to Online Discussion