Are you allowed to Talk while playing in Tournies?

Discussion of tournaments, links to streams, etc.

Are you allowed to Talk while playing in Tournies?

Postby Deadpool » December 10th, 2016, 9:00 pm

I just wondering? It seems both players are tight lipped during the game play section. Unwritten rule? I guess you're allowed pleasentries prior to playing, ie shake hands. Also what happens if you have an outburst during competition? Like something does'nt go your way or you choke and throw out the F bomb. Do you get penalized?

The reason for this subject was because the other night I had a dream that I was playing in a tournament. As if right :lol: I was playing against someone and was losing 2-0 which soon was going to be 3-0 and I dropped the F Bomb. Nothing happened. The tournament was being broadcasted live stream. So EVERYBODY heard it. Then I switch to Gief and won 1 match. At that time I guess it was turning around I might actually win and not get thrown into losers. Then I realized that I was in a game tournament and that would never happen in real life. Then I woke up.

It's weird that I always wake up when I realize I am dreaming. Does that happen to you?
Deadpool

Postby Pecka' » December 11th, 2016, 3:20 am

Just go to a tournament man.
Pecka'

Postby PIMPIzzI » December 11th, 2016, 7:48 am

can you stop spamming threads please
Always ready to fuck
PIMPIzzI
Banned

Gamertag: PLMPLzzL

Postby Ralenzo » December 11th, 2016, 9:18 am

Yeah, because it's so hard to keep track of everything otherwise :kappa:
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Deadpool » December 11th, 2016, 10:30 am

PIMPIzzI wrote:can you stop spamming threads please

Right....... :lol:
Deadpool

Postby Angelus » December 12th, 2016, 8:19 am

No, talking in tournaments is extremely frowned down upon.
Anyone who has the ability to socialize is a bad example.
Never do it.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Deadpool » December 12th, 2016, 10:12 am

Got it. No talking. Then what about outbursts like dropping the F Bomb when you know you could have won a close round that was the final round. I know sometimes emotions gets the best of us sometimes and we just can't hold it in. Do you get penalized for outburst even if it is'nt directed towards anyone except yourself?
Deadpool

Postby PIMPIzzI » December 12th, 2016, 10:32 am

From what I've heard you can talk but it all has to be really high pitched as a signal to show that you mean no disrespect to the players
Always ready to fuck
PIMPIzzI
Banned

Gamertag: PLMPLzzL

Postby Ramma » December 12th, 2016, 5:06 pm

I've seen players sit next to each other and talk shit. It's not exactly encouraged, but there's nothing "wrong with it."
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Deadpool » December 12th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Pecka' wrote:Just go to a tournament man.

I've only been in 2 "tournaments" my entire life. One in the Garden State Plaza. The game was Soul Calibur and I used Taki and lost. Did ok til I face a guy using Knightmare who totally "smashed" me. The second was a Street Fighter 2 tournment in the old NYC Chinatown Fair arcade which I used Ryu and lost every round even in losers. Both tournies I believe took place in the early to mid 90's I think.
Deadpool

Return to Tournaments