Mortal Kombat 9 sparring sessions

Postby Kabuki Jack » November 8th, 2014, 5:39 pm

Santaclaus wrote: you're in europe right?

Right-a-rooney, last time i checked i was still in Finland. I'm having a bit of a character crisis at the moment. I'm still going to use my MK forevermains Sub-Zero and Kano, but i kind of want to learn someone new just for the hell of it. I just can't decide who.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

PSN ID: Jack-o-Lanter

Postby Ralenzo » November 17th, 2014, 7:48 am

So I'm about to compete in a MK tournament this Saturday but I never played this game before. However, I think I can do well after practicing for a day or two 2.
My question is tho, what character should I play ? Like what character is the easiest to pick up and win with, given my short amount of time ?
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Santaclaus » November 17th, 2014, 8:57 am

Ralenzo wrote:So I'm about to compete in a MK tournament this Saturday but I never played this game before. However, I think I can do well after practicing for a day or two 2.
My question is tho, what character should I play ? Like what character is the easiest to pick up and win with, given my short amount of time ?

afaik its Kung Lao....but don't really know much about mk
Santaclaus

Gamertag: CorridorsOfTime
PSN ID: CorridorsOfTime

Postby Kabuki Jack » November 17th, 2014, 11:23 am

I'd say to go with Liu Kang. He has pretty easy combos, good high/low mix-ups, a counter move for wake-ups and a decent fireball game. I think his only real weakness is the short range of most of his normals. Not exactly sure how good he is against the top tiers though.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

Postby BendTheSky » November 17th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Liu Kang would be a good choice. I'm also thinking Johnny Cage. Johnny is also a good all round character and does better in more matchups; he's stronger overall. He has really good and easy frametraps and has lots of armor on ex-moves.

Then there is mileena, who used to be my main, a pretty good mid-tier character. She can zone pretty good, has ways to get around zoning and has a good mixupgame up close. I think that she is a really strong character within not-so-high-level of play. She can be hard to counter.

Check frame data here, btw: http://testyourmight.com/threads/general-mk9-frame-data-info.15988/
Let us dance!
BendTheSky

Gamertag: TimelessVisions
PSN ID: Kizuku-Kikai

Postby BendTheSky » November 17th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Santaclaus wrote:
Ralenzo wrote:So I'm about to compete in a MK tournament this Saturday but I never played this game before. However, I think I can do well after practicing for a day or two 2.

afaik its Kung Lao....but don't really know much about mk

Kung Lao is pretty hard to play. He is strong but you need the execution and practice to get any useful damage and/or setups.
Let us dance!
BendTheSky

Postby Ralenzo » November 17th, 2014, 2:18 pm

Alright, thanks for the feedback.
I'll be checking those guys out once I get my hands on MK. I know nothing about the game but the competition over here is pretty low, so I'm confident I can beat them with my natural talent and a little bit of cheap stuff :mvgame:

EDIT: What's the connection like on PC btw ?
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Postby BendTheSky » November 18th, 2014, 1:23 pm

Ralenzo wrote:Alright, thanks for the feedback.
I'll be checking those guys out once I get my hands on MK. I know nothing about the game but the competition over here is pretty low, so I'm confident I can beat them with my natural talent and a little bit of cheap stuff :mvgame:

EDIT: What's the connection like on PC btw ?

Ralenzo, you're from Belgium right? I know a couple of Belgian players who, I MK9's days at least, were really good. Assassin and djack come to mind, I don't now if they still play but they used to be a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway, let us know how you did!
Let us dance!
BendTheSky

Postby Kabuki Jack » November 18th, 2014, 1:29 pm

The netcode is actually surprisingly decent. Though there are some disconnects every now and then, they never happen during the matches. I've yet to have a match that is unplayable because of lag.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

Postby Ralenzo » November 18th, 2014, 1:50 pm

BendTheSky wrote:Ralenzo, you're from Belgium right? I know a couple of Belgian players who, I MK9's days at least, were really good. Assassin and djack come to mind, I don't now if they still play but they used to be a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway, let us know how you did!

Yes I am. Do u know if they were Walloon by any chance ? If so, then I have nothing to worry about since only Flemish will enter. Nonetheless I don't plan on winning, I just need to place high enough to get sufficient points. There are a lot of different games gonna be played this Saturday and the person that does best in all games will go home with a big prize.

Also I just noticed that there is a demo of MK. It has Johnny, Mileena, Sub Zero and Scorpion as playable characters, so I'll probably be using Johnny then.

Kabuki Jack wrote:The netcode is actually surprisingly decent. Though there are some disconnects every now and then, they never happen during the matches. I've yet to have a match that is unplayable because of lag.

Is it the same as Injustice, better/worse ?
Ralenzo

PreviousNext

Return to Mortal Kombat Series