Ed Boon wants Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

Do you want to see Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in one game?

Yes!
33%
No!
40%
Undecided.
27%

Total votes : 15

Ed Boon wants Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

Postby Ramma » October 10th, 2013, 7:04 pm

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/oct/ ... attention/

via Eventhubs:
Ed Boon has mentioned many times that he'd love to do a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game, but it appears his requests haven't been reciprocated by Capcom.

Boon recently said that one of his dream crossover games would be a title involving the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter characters, but noted "A LOT more has to happen other than us just 'wanting' to do it."

He also included a hashtag in his statement which said "#HelloCapcom?" seemingly implying that his request hasn't been followed up on heavily by Capcom.

It's worth pointing out that both Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice: Gods Among Us have been pretty darn successful in the sales department, with the former selling close to 4 million units total, and likely outperforming the vanilla release of Street Fighter 4.

Injustice: Gods Among Us held a top 10 spot for three months in a row, according to the NPD, and while collective numbers haven't been revealed, it's clear this game was quite successful in terms of sales.

Capcom has 152 million in cash on hand, which is on the low side, so teaming up with a company who's experienced some very strong sales in the recent past, for a crossover title that people have been waiting for since 1992 probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

It is possible Capcom may not be too fond of the idea of Ryu getting his head ripped off, though. You can hit the jump to read Boon's tweets, which also talks about doing a slasher movie fighting game, and a DC vs. Marvel title.

The article does raise a good point. Cashcom actually needs money, and this may be something they have to do.

The idea of, as they said, characters like Chun-Li getting ripped apart, doesn't sound all that good tbh. As dark as moments can be in Street Fighter, that type of brutality isn't in the theme. I don't think Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat mix well at all.

Besides, I don't know how well this would go over with Namco/Tekken. As it stands, Tekken X Street Fighter is still "in the works".

I just can't see this cross over happening unless it's purely for money purposes...which...well...Capcom :kappa:
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Worst CS Player » October 10th, 2013, 7:22 pm

I would love it, but only if it's using the SF4 engine. I don't like MK's Tekken like juggle combo engine. But I bet it's going to end up like SF x Tekken though which I feel is more like Tekken with the juggles to really win than how a normal SF4 match would go.
"If you can't beat me. Good luck beating anyone else" - Worst CS Player
Worst CS Player

Gamertag: Worst CS Player

Postby Ryumanjisen » October 10th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Forget about Mortal Kombat VS Street fighter...

...make a Marvel VS DC with the Injustice's engine and I'd be the happiest person in this planet!
Ryumanjisen

PSN ID: Ryumanjisen

Postby wauhti » October 11th, 2013, 3:09 am

never got into MK. voted no

I want instead CvS3 or KOF vs SF (3 man teams, mixture of KOF and SF engines, like you can choose any KOF's engine attributes like KOF XIII's HD combo or SF's attributes like 3s parry or 4's focus)
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
Youtube: ArtificialStar
UNIEL: Eltnum, Hilda
GGXrd: Elphelt, I-No
wauhti

Gamertag: wauhti
PSN ID: wauhti

Postby Helnova » October 11th, 2013, 6:54 am

Well i'm not a fan of the mk engine and if capcom develops it well... Sfxt :kappa:

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Postby Sasuga » October 11th, 2013, 7:14 am

There are many ways to make MK vs SF a good game. But it's all about compromises. Personally, I can live without fatalitys and gore. That's not why I played MK anyway. Besides, the MK cast was seen before in goreless games like MK vs DC and nobdy complained about it. Both NRS and Capcom could do good takes on how they think it should be.
Khun chôp mái?
Sasuga

Gamertag: TimelessVisions
PSN ID: Kizuku-Kikai

Postby Angelus » October 11th, 2013, 9:14 am

Will most likely happen in EF-12 (= 3D Mugen)

Other than that; it's always a close bet when an MK character fights an SF character in salty bets.
Last edited by Angelus on October 11th, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Omega-Desu » October 11th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Ed Boon can fuck off.
He was ragging on Capcom during the SFxT days and how they do things yet he's asking to be a part of it.
Ryumanjisen wrote:Forget about Mortal Kombat VS Street fighter...

...make a Marvel VS DC with the Injustice's engine and I'd be the happiest person in this planet!

Personally I feel MVC represented the Marvel universe better than Injustice represented DC. The characters are crazy over the top super heroes with all sorts of flashy unique powers and abilities. Injustice seems to take a basis of a fighting game character (projectiles, teleports, launchers) and skin it to match a DC character.

Then again that's probably why Marvel is so imbalanced. :kappa:
Omega-Desu

Gamertag: OmegaBPK

Postby Ralenzo » October 11th, 2013, 1:30 pm

I'd like to see a Marvel vs DC Batman made by capcom.
As fun as Injustice is, I don't think Netherrealms will do the marvel franchise justice. Their games have always felt gloomy imo. Marvel needs to be very flashy with lots of colors and music, it needs to be very lively and give you that comic vibe, I think Capcom is good at doing that.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo

Postby Angelus » October 11th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Ralenzo wrote:I'd like to see a Marvel vs DC Batman made by capcom.
As fun as Injustice is, I don't think Netherrealms will do the marvel franchise justice. Their games have always felt gloomy imo. Marvel needs to be very flashy with lots of colors and music, it needs to be very lively and give you that comic vibe, I think Capcom is good at doing that.

Never forget jazzy music.
We need that.
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso

Next

Return to Mortal Kombat Series