Werewolf Village Game Rules & How To Play

The most exciting forum game in existence! Sign-up for the next game today!

Moderator: Werewolf Mod

Werewolf Village Game Rules & How To Play

Postby KEP » April 29th, 2013, 10:11 am

The Roles

Villager
You are a mundane peasant who isn't special in any way. You discuss goings on and vote on who to lynch during the day and do absolutely nothing at night.

Werewolf
You are a regular villager during the day but a vicious, tricky killer by night.

Seer
You are a regular villager during the day but have the ability to consult the gods and look up the identity of any 1 person in the village at night. Your identity as the seer starts out as a secret, and it is up to you whether or not to reveal your true identity to the rest of the village. Sometimes it may be vital to plead your case (and hope they believe you) in order to save your life or the life of another important villager or to convince the village that someone is indeed a wolf. Other times it may be best to keep quiet.

Angel
You are a regular villager during the day but have the ability to protect any 1 person in the village at night. You can choose to protect yourself or any one person in the village. Your identity starts out as a secret just like the seer. The person that the angel protects is only protected from werewolf attacks (i.e. the vigilante can still shoot that person), and the protection only lasts through the night phase.

Vigilante
You are a regular villager during the day but have the ability to do some killing on your own watch at night. Every other night you are given a silver bullet to put through any 1 person's skull. You do not have to use your bullet if you don't want to. As with the seer and angel your identity begins as a secret. You may save up your bullets in order to kill on successive nights but may only kill 1 target on a given night. You get your first bullet on the first night.

Necromancer
You are an evil entity in it to win the game for yourself. Each night you can choose to resurrect a slain village member (villager or werewolf) and convert them to an evil zombie member of your undead army. Each successive night that you do this you risk getting caught at a higher and higher rate. On the first night you have a guaranteed chance to resurrect without getting caught. Each successive night increases your chances of being caught by 25%. If you are caught, your identity is simply revealed to the village. Your undead army dies only when you die. Each night that you decide not to resurrect resets your chances of being caught back to 0%. If at any time your undead army (excluding you) makes up more than half of the remaining village (including you), you win the game. In addition to your resurrection powers, you are also immune to werewolf attacks during the night.

How to Play

There are two teams in a village (3 with the necromancer involved): the villagers and the werewolves. Among the villagers are special roles that will aid in eradicating the wolves (the angel, seer, and vigilante). The villagers win by eliminating all the wolves (and necromancer), and the wolves win if they make up half or more of the village. If the necromancer is involved then they win once their undead army makes up more than half of the village. If the wolves are killed and there are already enough corpses for the necro to potentially win then the game will continue. Otherwise, the villagers will win. The game takes place in two alternating phases, day and night.

The 2 Phases

Day
The village discusses who is the wolf amongst them. Players discuss in plain text, but must place their vote in capital text (e.g. LYNCH WAUHTI). When a player receives the majority of the votes he will be lynched and his role revealed. Villagers may change their votes as often as they'd like, but once a majority is reached the votes are set in stone. It is now night...

Night
The seer, angel, necromancer, and vigilante PM the game mod who they wish to look up/protect/resurrect/shoot. The wolves discuss in any form of communication they want (except publicly) on who to kill. The lead/alpha wolf will then PM me who they wish to kill. That villager will be killed and his role revealed. The sun rises...

Role Distribution

11 players or fewer
2 werewolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 1 vigilante, 1 necromancer and the rest villagers

12-18 players
3 werewolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 1 vigilante, 1 necromancer and the rest villagers

19+ players
4 werewolves, 1 seer, 1 angel, 1 vigilante, 1 necromancer and the rest villagers

Some Rules

- All game discussion must take place inside the official game thread. No discussion in the chatbox/PM/e-mail/etc. No PM'ing anybody unless it's from one living wolf to another or to ask a mod/admin a question. As stated before, living wolves may discuss in any private form of communication.

- During the night phase there is absolutely no discussion allowed in the game thread. The thread will be locked.

- Do not sign up if you are not going to be active in the game.

- Daytime discussion is encouraged. We want everyone to be discussing what's on their mind.

- Once you are dead you are not allowed to post in the game thread any longer. A thread for the deceased will be created.

- If the vigilante tries to shoot a wolf on the same night that the wolf (or wolves) try to kill the vigilante, the wolf kill will take precedence.

- As stated earlier, villagers may change their lynch votes as often as they'd like, but once a majority is reached the votes are set in stone.

Strategy questions to ask yourself

• Why did this person say that?
• Do they want me to say something?
• What will saying X make others think of me?
• What will saying Y make others think of me?
• What will saying nothing make others think of me?
• What image do I convey?
Sometimes I jump at Guile.
KEP
Site Admin

Gamertag: Tarkanian
PSN ID: TheKEP

Return to Werewolf Village