Street Fighter V

Postby Ramma » October 17th, 2016, 4:54 pm

It's hard to say really.

SFIV's viewership only grew over time. Constant growth with small shifts up and down.

SFV's viewership started lower, shot up , and basically stayed up.

Time is a factor too. Sunday Night, 8:30pm vs 10:50pm. I did not watch SCR last night.

1. Anyone who needs to go to work/school on the East Coast was going to bed or getting ready for bed. 8:30 is a biiiig difference than 10:50. Most of Europe was well into Zzzzzz world by then as well.
2. Two big tournaments were going on in the same weekend. We had two big tournaments end 12 hours apart. SFV has soooo many damn tournaments. It's getting to be a bit much.

An 8,000 viewership difference is not surprising. Well it is, but not the way it sounds. With how much people claim that SFIV was more fun to watch, I'm surprised it wasn't 10-12,000 lower when you also factor in it not being a stand alone tournament and it being 2 hours later.

There are other factors as well, like there now being a Japanese stream (not sure if it was used last night, but that usually has about 1-4k viewers and Floe now streaming events on his channel with commentary which usually racks in about 1-2k.

I honestly don't think Ultra was more popular than SFV. I think it'd be much more telling if you compared AEv2012 stats to SFV stats.

What do you think?
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Ralenzo » October 17th, 2016, 5:38 pm

A game that's not even a year old is already having less views than a 7 year old game :kappa:

I remember rescheduling my day plans, and staying up late to catch these tournaments back in Ultra. But with SFV, I just don't bother, I basically only tune in when I'm bored. Heck, I didn't even catch the majority of EVO :shrug:
I find SFV fun to play, but kinda boring to watch, and I think a lot of other people feel the same way, hence the not so stellar views.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Ramma » October 17th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Can you show the SCR stats for AEv2012, Ral? I'm just curious.
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Ralenzo » October 17th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Ramma wrote:Can you show the SCR stats for AEv2012, Ral? I'm just curious.

Nope, I have no idea how people get these stats, I find them interesting myself.
But AE 2012's stats are probably lower, no? I think viewership increased as time went on, except maybe towards the very very end when it was just HEAAAALING all the time :residentsleeper:
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Postby Ralenzo » October 17th, 2016, 6:00 pm

There also seems to be a lot more and longer downtimes between matches nowadays.
And I think that might be a factor as well.
Ralenzo

Postby NewKama-takamura » October 23rd, 2016, 11:39 am

Part of it is to blame on the simplistic design of SFV imo with SFIV we pretty saw some new crazy shit happening every major new combo's setups tech option selects etc. Combo's were actually exciting to see because they were hard and sometimes really tricky SFV does not really offer any of that.

Like i said long before this game released a simple easy to play fighting game is not suitable for a competitive environment. The shine finally wore off viewers / players are dropping and they are throwing buckets of money to keep the pro's invested.
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby PIMPIzzI » October 24th, 2016, 2:57 pm

NewKama-takamura wrote:Part of it is to blame on the simplistic design of SFV imo with SFIV we pretty saw some new crazy shit happening every major new combo's setups tech option selects etc. Combo's were actually exciting to see because they were hard and sometimes really tricky SFV does not really offer any of that.

Like i said long before this game released a simple easy to play fighting game is not suitable for a competitive environment. The shine finally wore off viewers / players are dropping and they are throwing buckets of money to keep the pro's invested.

stop using gay pictures as your avatar
Always ready to fuck
PIMPIzzI
Banned

Gamertag: PLMPLzzL

Postby NewKama-takamura » October 25th, 2016, 2:03 pm

Pimp the homophobic boy who cried racism.
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby PIMPIzzI » October 26th, 2016, 7:33 pm

NewKama-takamura wrote:

Pimp the homophobic boy who cried racism.

stop trying, wash your hair and shave your beard
Always ready to fuck
PIMPIzzI
Banned

Gamertag: PLMPLzzL

Postby Ralenzo » October 28th, 2016, 12:43 pm

That moment when you realize that
Ralenzo

PreviousNext

Return to Street Fighter V Series