Microtransactions (Fight Money and Zenny)

Microtransactions (Fight Money and Zenny)

Postby Deviant » October 27th, 2015, 2:18 pm

So as we all know SF5 will have ingame currency to unlock stuff, but I'd also assume you can unlock things with real money too.

So, first of all; real money services / unlocks ; yay or nay?

What would you guys be willing to pay real money for? Alt costumes? Additional characters? Hats :kappa: ?

I saw this on Reddit today and realized I would love to have some kind of custom win animation (something like 53s - 1m1s on the video)
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]

Maybe a bit out of character for Cammy but I could imagine Ibuki or Sakura doing something like this :) This is the kind of stuff I'd be willing to pay real money for.

So personally I'm all in favor for some cosmetic swag even if its sold for real money.

What about the unlocks with fight money?
In beta there was tittles and the Kanzuki Estate stage. Personally I'm not too excited about the idea of unlocking stages with fight money. It kinda depends on what other options there is to unlock. What I'd want to see is alt colors, taunts, avatars, hud variations and maybe even online tournament entry tickets.
Deviant

Postby rickie82 » October 27th, 2015, 2:41 pm

As long as thing relevent to play the game is buyable with Fight Money (charecters) I'm ok with it. Doubt they are gonna sell Gems in this game.... Sony prolly toled them not to sell gems since it's a bad idea.

Everything else you can buy for fight money is a nice addition. But I'm a casual player so I suspect that even if I could buy everything I wanted with fightmoney, I would still speed up the process somewhat with real money.

I bought Vanilla 4, super and arcade 2012. This game is prolly gonna cost me just as much as all oof SF4 in just a year lol.

EDIT:
Had the tought at work some days ago that SF5 might go free to play after awhile. Say 6-12 months after release. To cash in more on the Microtransactions.
By then all that would buy it would have done so long ago, toughts?
rickie82

Gamertag: Unicorn Wizard

Postby Kabuki Jack » October 28th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Deviant wrote: Hats :kappa: ?

Well, i'd never...

Spoiler: show
Spend money on anything else than fancy hats.

Why else would you play Team Fortress 2? For the fun gameplay? Bah, preposterous.

On a serious note, i don't really mind microtransaction stuff, most of it is usually harmless anyways. Cutting content from a game just to make it DLC/Pre-Order nonsense however ticks me right off.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

PSN ID: Jack-o-Lanter

Postby Deviant » October 28th, 2015, 1:52 pm

rickie82 wrote:EDIT:
Had the tought at work some days ago that SF5 might go free to play after awhile. Say 6-12 months after release. To cash in more on the Microtransactions.
By then all that would buy it would have done so long ago, toughts?

Honestly it might just happen and I could see that being a viable business model too. Grab the game for free, unlock Juri for 5e, alt costume another 5e and then just play.

I think one issue with that would/could be botting though. Not sure if you get fight money for losing. But if the game is free then I don't see why people wouldn't set up a bot grinding dat fightmoney 24/7 to unlock everything. Got banned? Lol w/e, just set up new account and new bot. Maybe they could set up a daily fightmoney gain cap until you make a purchase with real money or something :bison: *shrug*.
Deviant

Postby wauhti » October 28th, 2015, 2:11 pm

depends really. If cba to grind something, just spent the money.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH
Youtube: ArtificialStar
UNIEL: Eltnum, Hilda
GGXrd: Elphelt, I-No
wauhti

Gamertag: wauhti
PSN ID: wauhti

Postby Ramma » October 29th, 2015, 6:05 am

The new Street Fighter 5 details continue to flood in, as Haunts over at Capcom Unity has released information on how the game's Fight Money will work.

Though pricing and Fight Money accumulation rates are still being solidified, we now know how players will be able to earn the in-game currency.

Players will have two main ways of earning Fight Money: completing daily goals and leveling up characters.

Every day, players will be assigned new daily challenges when logging into the Street Fighter 5 client. These goals will mostly consist of landing a certain amount of attacks or maneuvers throughout the day, and the amount of money rewarded will be higher for more difficult challenges.
Capcom notes that they are aiming to have players earn Fight Money through single player and multi-player modes. This is where leveling up individual characters comes in.

By playing a variety of modes, characters will increase in level the more you play. This will in no way affect game balance; this is simply a way to indicate how much time and experience has been put into a certain fighter.

Every time a character reaches a new level, a Fight Money bonus will be rewarded. The early levels will be easily obtainable, but expect a rise in difficulty as your character progresses.

According to the blog post, those who experiment with different characters will be rewarded. So, if you're looking to unlock DLC characters with Fight Money, be sure to complete daily challenges, level up different characters, and play the game frequently.

Of course, all DLC fighters can be purchased instantly by using Zenny -- Street Fighter 5's in-game currency that costs real money.

Thoughts?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/oct/ ... haracters/
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Angelus » October 29th, 2015, 6:25 am

10/10
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Deviant » October 29th, 2015, 6:44 am

Sounds very much like the system Heroes of the Storm has, which is definitely a good thing. For a person like me who likes to really focus on just one character/class/role it's nice to have a incentive to try out others as well. I just hope that there isn't daily goals like "win 8 matches with xyz" that would force you to play a character you know you don't like to play.
Deviant

Postby Ramma » February 7th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Capcom's Matt Dalhgren recently told Venture Beat that Street Fighter 5 will offer a plethora of ways to earn Fight Money.

"Players are going to be able to earn Fight Money through playing single-player content that’s available. If you complete any of the character stories, you’ll earn Fight Money. If you complete survival mode with different characters, you’ll earn Fight Money.

"If you level up individual characters, every time you reach a new level, you’ll get some Fight Money," he said.
And if you happen to be a strong online player, you'll also earn additional in-game currency simply by winning sets.

"If you just play online in a ranked battle, every time you get a win, you’ll be able to generate some Fight Money.

"If you play through all of the single-player content, or just a majority of it, you should be able to earn enough money to get the first DLC character for free, if not more money on top of that," said Dahlgren.

Players will have about a month to earn Fight Money before store content becomes available

Street Fighter 5 is going to give players a good amount of time to build up Fight Money before the first store content becomes available.

"Our in-game store will launch in March," Dahlgren noted. "This gives our players about a month’s time frame to play through the single-player content and earn enough Fight Money before content becomes available.

"Street Fighter 5 does not have any day-one DLC. No content is going to be available on day one, with Fight Money or zenny [Street Fighter 5’s in-game currency].

"Once the store opens, content will be added, and we’ll also be adding our daily challenges. [Those are] specific goals that players need to accomplish on a daily or weekly basis, which will also give them a boost of Fight Money.

"That’s coming with the in-game store because this is a model that’s there to provide long-term sustainability and a way to earn Fight Money in the long term," Dahlgren concluded.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/feb/ ... ame-bonus/
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Helnova » February 8th, 2016, 6:15 am

Sounds gay.

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Next