Does easy V Trigger into Super make some Characters OP?

Does easy V Trigger into Super make some Characters OP?

Postby Deadpool » December 6th, 2016, 5:49 pm

What your take on this? Some character obviously have easier V trigger + Super combos than other players. Which lets some player off easy when they know that getting their opponent's life to a certain point that all they need to do is to land a poke and then go into V trigger ending in super for a almost automatic win unless they drop the combo.
Deadpool

Postby Ramma » December 6th, 2016, 8:46 pm

I mean, I think it depends on the character, but I don't think it makes anyone OP.

Most characters earn VT by blocking and taking hits. Very few characters has useful VT tools.

I think what needs to be implemented is that VT > CA should automatically scale to 80% regardless of hits. And I only say that because of the massive freeze frames. Punishing a fireball with VT > CA is beyond easy in SFV.

But a combo into VT into Super is really no different than a combo into FADC into Ultra in SFIV.
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Ralenzo » December 7th, 2016, 10:22 am

Ramma wrote:I think what needs to be implemented is that VT > CA should automatically scale to 80% regardless of hits. And I only say that because of the massive freeze frames. Punishing a fireball with VT > CA is beyond easy in SFV.

VT cancels already scale.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Ramma » December 7th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Cancels do. Correct. I didn't say cancels.
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Ralenzo » December 7th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Then why were you saying "regardless of hits" :dansgame:
It doesn't make sense whatsoever for CAs to do less damage while you're in a buffed up state.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Postby NewKama-takamura » December 8th, 2016, 7:15 am

Tbh its more a problem of having button input activations not requiring a motion to activate a screenfreeze powerup is just not a good thing in a game like street fighter its fine in marvel or guilty gears roman cancels.

That being said supers are the last thing from being overpowered in this game and they allow you to use v-trigger as a panic button.

I'd like to see them make blocked cancels into v-trigger completely remove blockstun and increase the recovery of the activation when its activated from a blocked attack so its punishable and has to be hitconfirmed wake-up 3 frame jab into v-trigger combo is fucking aids.
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby Angelus » December 8th, 2016, 11:10 am

Ramma wrote:But a combo into VT into Super is really no different than a combo into FADC into Ultra in SFIV.

My characters never have those.

NewKama-takamura wrote:I'd like to see them make blocked cancels into v-trigger completely remove blockstun and increase the recovery of the activation when its activated from a blocked attack so its punishable and has to be hitconfirmed wake-up 3 frame jab into v-trigger combo is fucking aids.

This is why Birdie's the best :kappa:
Angelus

Gamertag: steam: Angeluso

Postby NewKama-takamura » December 9th, 2016, 9:10 am

Angelus wrote:
Ramma wrote:But a combo into VT into Super is really no different than a combo into FADC into Ultra in SFIV.

My characters never have those.

NewKama-takamura wrote:I'd like to see them make blocked cancels into v-trigger completely remove blockstun and increase the recovery of the activation when its activated from a blocked attack so its punishable and has to be hitconfirmed wake-up 3 frame jab into v-trigger combo is fucking aids.

This is why Birdie's the best :kappa:

Having safe wake-up options into a power-up state + a complete combo from something you get every round is worse than FADC ever was FADC actually requires a resource you have to generate and you could still bait and punish goodluck baiting and punishing a 3 frame jab.
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby Ralenzo » December 9th, 2016, 11:38 am

What u described does not exist in SFV.
Ralenzo

Postby PIMPIzzI » December 9th, 2016, 11:16 pm

Ralenzo wrote:What u described does not exist in SFV.

In the limited amount of time I've played this crappy game, I've seen more than enough Kens waking up with dp into vtrigger
Always ready to fuck
PIMPIzzI
Banned

Gamertag: PLMPLzzL

Next

Return to Street Fighter V Series