Skyterian

Gamertag: Skyterian

Postby Worst CS Player » October 7th, 2015, 9:10 pm

El Fuerte changed...... :shock:
"If you can't beat me. Good luck beating anyone else" - Worst CS Player
Worst CS Player

Gamertag: Worst CS Player

Postby Kabuki Jack » October 8th, 2015, 10:23 am

Apparently the trailer was another premature leak. Poor Ono just can't catch a break. Laura herself seems fairly decent, she seems to have a few moves taken from Blue Mary.
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

PSN ID: Jack-o-Lanter

Postby Ralenzo » October 8th, 2015, 10:33 am

She reminds me of Abel; strikes into grabs, AA-grab, command grab, wheelkick, armor move. The only thing she's missing is a roll.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Kabuki Jack » October 8th, 2015, 3:16 pm

As the next heir of the famed Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu fighting style, Laura is constantly looking for strong opponents around the world to defeat, in an effort to spread the Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu’s name and prestige. Generally a happy and outgoing spirit, Laura finds she is the most content and most focused in the heat of battle.

Laura’s methodical grapple style and quick movement will make her a favorite for those who like to specialize in “up close and personal” mind games. Using a variety of quick moving attacks and command grabs, opponents will have to always to be on guard to stop Laura from overwhelming them quickly.

Laura is also the first grappler in the Street Fighter series to ever have a projectile! This really changes up how she approaches her opponent and how opponents can approach her.

V-Skill: Linear Movement

By holding either back or forward and pressing medium punch + medium kick, Laura moves in the corresponding direction, getting her in and out of the opponent’s range at will. If no direction is held during the V-Skill activation, she will perform an overhead kick.

V-Trigger: Spark Show

Laura gets ready to zap the competition when she activates Spark Show. During her electrifying state, Laura’s Thunder Clap projectile flies further, she deals more stun on her attacks and grabs, and moves around further during her Linear Movements.

"Laura is constantly looking for strong opponents around the world to defeat". Gee, where have i heard this before?
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

Postby Kabuki Jack » October 9th, 2015, 4:48 pm

A couple of gameplay videos, with the cinematography taken from Paranormal activity.

Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Kabuki Jack
Site Mod

Postby Ramma » October 10th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Many readers have noticed that Laura's last name, Matsuda, is the same last name as Sean Matsuda who hailed from Street Fighter 3. This obviously indicates that Laura has a family tie to Sean.

It has been revealed that Laura is Sean's older sister. Her brother Sean is also listed as one of her favorite things on her profile page of the Japanese Capcom page so it can be assumed that they have a close relationship (she also likes meat and battles).

Although Laura and Sean are related, their fighting styles appear to be completely different. While Sean was trained to be similar to that of a typical shoto by Ken Masters, Laura on the otherhand is an electrifying grappler.

It makes you wonder just how many times Laura put Sean in a headlock, growing up.

The most apparent similarity of Sean's and Laura's fighting style is that they both appear to share the same overhead wheel kick.
Street Fighter V - Main: Cammy |Secondary: Necalli...?
Ultra Street Fighter IV - Main: Cody | Secondary: Zangief
Ramma
Site Mod

Gamertag: RammaCricket
PSN ID: RammaCricket

Postby Ramma » October 10th, 2015, 12:11 pm

phpBB [video]

Ramma
Site Mod

Postby Komatose » October 14th, 2015, 11:41 am

Worst CS Player wrote:El Fuerte changed...... :shock:

I thought the same thing lol. Reminds me of a combination of Abel (wheel kick), El Fuerte (Stance and general fighting style with the grapples) and Blanka ex. the lightning attack and rolling super mixed with lightning, of course lol. I honestly can't wait to play with this character. Out of all the characters I plan on using on release (Mika, Karin and Laura) I think Laura will be the most fun and probably my most used.
Komatose

Postby Ramma » October 21st, 2015, 6:25 am

phpBB [video]
Ramma
Site Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Laura