Welcome to BlockString.com!

Postby Omega-Desu » March 7th, 2013, 8:26 am

Is this change necessary? I'm not opposed to a change of scenery but is there a reason for this change or are you just testing different looks and layouts?

Everything odd about this site I've just gotten used to (Impacted layout, Avatars on right-side etc). The only thing that doesn't seem obvious is the like system. It sort of looks like a 'Go to top' button. Not really a big deal, though.

EDIT: Also Wauthi filter in Chat Box - Priority #1
Omega-Desu

Gamertag: OmegaBPK

Postby KEP » March 7th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Omega-Desu wrote:Is this change necessary? I'm not opposed to a change of scenery but is there a reason for this change or are you just testing different looks and layouts?

Everything odd about this site I've just gotten used to (Impacted layout, Avatars on right-side etc). The only thing that doesn't seem obvious is the like system. It sort of looks like a 'Go to top' button. Not really a big deal, though.

EDIT: Also Wauthi filter in Chat Box - Priority #1

The other forum software I'm looking at is Vanilla Forums. It is laughably easier to admin, and it's based on plug-ins and CSS for modifications. PhpBB is huge, clunky, and tedious to modify, and I know it will be a HUGE pain to deal with once it gets another major update. Vanilla is also more secure than PhpBB. The look of Vanilla is usually much simpler and cleaner than the traditional PhpBB look (think Wordpress). It's just a much more modern and future-proof forum software in my opinion, and I'll definitely be moving forward with it if I can get the posts/users importing mess sorted out. I may need to ask your assistance/opinion with the new graphics if you don't mind :mrgreen:.
Sometimes I jump at Guile.
KEP
Site Admin

Gamertag: Tarkanian
PSN ID: TheKEP

Postby Omega-Desu » March 9th, 2013, 10:18 pm

KEP wrote:I may need to ask your assistance/opinion with the new graphics if you don't mind :mrgreen:.

I'd be up for assisting in any way I'm able. Opinions should come from other members too, imo.

I can understand the want to change the site. PhpBB is just too much admin effort for so little result.
Omega-Desu

Gamertag: OmegaBPK

Postby Raizurhk » March 10th, 2013, 2:58 am

wauhti wrote:I'll just happy if my SF and Jojo section threads will stay. nothing more i don't need

So you need everything then????
Raizurhk

PSN ID: Raizur_HK

Postby KEP » March 10th, 2013, 10:23 am

It's looking like the import problem is fixed so we should be able to keep our threads, and I shouldn't have to manually add everyone back in. Right now I'm working on adding all of the plug-ins needed. Then it's site layout and then colors/graphics.
KEP
Site Admin

Postby KEP » March 15th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Here's some screens of the new site. Current signature dimensions will still work in the new layout. I placed the chatbox (now called shoutbox) on the side since it will display on every page. Thoughts?

Edit: The checkbox things on each post are part of admin/mod tools :D

KEP
Site Admin

Postby Raizurhk » March 16th, 2013, 3:47 am

Meh too bright and fluffy kinda looks like a carebear threw up on the internet. The shoutbox would be better above the new discussion bit.
Raizurhk

PSN ID: Raizur_HK

Postby NewKama-takamura » March 16th, 2013, 4:06 am

meh ill agree that it looks to bright i like the current darker look (especially for when i check out the forum first thing in the morning and my eyes are still adjusting to the light)

and yeah the shoutbox would be better where its currently at not to mention its to small

its got potential though with a little added artwork and some experimenting

edit

the (blockstring) logo background also looks a little bland maybe add some blockstun hit effects in the background (you know those special effects you see when you hit someone and they block or maybe a parry effect from 3s) i tried searching for some of the sprites but cant find anything maybe someone else knows where to look
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

Postby Ralenzo » March 16th, 2013, 6:09 am

I like it, it looks more professional :D
It's a little too bright but that's only in comparison to this site, besides I'm guessing you could always change it in the UCP ?

I also like the subtle chatbox (shoutbox) in the bottom left corner.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby NewKama-takamura » March 16th, 2013, 7:28 am

Ralenzo wrote:I also like the subtle chatbox (shoutbox) in the bottom left corner.

do you know which way is left?

Spoiler: show
its the side where takamura's faphand is
NewKama-takamura

Gamertag: KAMA
PSN ID: KAMA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements