Welcome to BlockString.com!

Welcome to BlockString.com!

Postby PlatinumPerk » March 16th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Light layout is always better than dark layout. It works better on every other website so why wouldn't it work here?
PlatinumPerk

Postby Raizurhk » March 16th, 2013, 4:41 pm

So we are not like every other website.
Raizurhk

PSN ID: Raizur_HK

Postby PlatinumPerk » March 16th, 2013, 4:55 pm

yeah, definitely we aren't. Still it doesn't mean that light layout wouldn't work better than this heavy and dark.
PlatinumPerk

Postby KEP » March 18th, 2013, 7:32 pm

So I just found out that Vanilla Forums software doesn't allow identical sub-forum names. This means that our identically named character sub-forums (all the shared characters between SF4 and SFxT) aren't allowed. I'm not sure what the best option is at the moment. Here's what I've thought of so far...

1) Do away with character sub-forums. Create character threads in each parent forum instead.
2) Do away with character sub-forums in all but one game (most likely keeping the SF4 sub-forums).
3) Rename character sub-forums to something dumb like Akuma (SFxT), Akuma (SF4), etc.
4) Any other ideas?

This is pretty annoying to me that they treat sub-forums like this. I'm willing to let it slide though if we can come up with an acceptable solution that keeps most of us happy. Let me know guys :thumbs:
Sometimes I jump at Guile.
KEP
Site Admin

Gamertag: Tarkanian
PSN ID: TheKEP

Postby Omega-Desu » March 18th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Instead of character specific sub forums for SFxTK why not just have two categories named simply "SF Cast" and "TK Cast" or something along those lines?

Also I noticed the text used in BlockString.com is the exact same font as Option-Select. Is it wise to keep it that way?
Omega-Desu

Gamertag: OmegaBPK

Postby KEP » March 18th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Omega-Desu wrote:Instead of character specific sub forums for SFxTK why not just have two categories named simply "SF Cast" and "TK Cast" or something along those lines?

This might work nicely.

Omega-Desu wrote:Also I noticed the text used in BlockString.com is the exact same font as Option-Select. Is it wise to keep it that way?

I don't think it's an issue since that font is free to download. They don't own it or anything. It may not even matter since I'm currently toying with a design where we have a smaller banner area that's more like a logo size like on shoryuken's site.
KEP
Site Admin

Postby KEP » March 26th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Well the site switch is on hold for now. I was getting pretty far along with a re-design, but something quite alarming has been happening during the last week. Over 20 spam accounts have registered on my testing site :shock:. I have no idea how this is happening. I have a captcha enabled during registration. All I can think is that perhaps the Vanilla Forums software is very susceptible to spambots and that they are specifically targeted by them. Or perhaps the captcha service has been cracked or something. Until I can find a solution to this I'll leave our site as it is :mrgreen:.

Edit: Also, something cool I noticed today. As of right now we are the 3rd result on the 2nd page of results on Google for the search "fighting game forum."
KEP
Site Admin

Postby Raizurhk » March 27th, 2013, 4:59 am

Awsome so we are like 22nd place or sumthing!!!!!....we get a gift coupon or sumthing for that right?
Raizurhk

PSN ID: Raizur_HK

Postby jonnyhallsworth » April 18th, 2013, 6:05 am

KEP wrote:Also, something cool I noticed today. As of right now we are the 3rd result on the 2nd page of results on Google for the search "fighting game forum."

I don't know if it's just my google but we are now 6th on the first page for that search.
:jonny: Follow me on Twitter @jonnyhallsworth! :jonny:
USF4: Ryu, E. Ryu
UMvC3: CaptainAmerica/Sentinel/Wesker, GhostRider/Hawkeye/Akuma
jonnyhallsworth

Gamertag: jonnyhallsworth

Postby KEP » April 18th, 2013, 6:33 am

jonnyhallsworth wrote:
KEP wrote:Also, something cool I noticed today. As of right now we are the 3rd result on the 2nd page of results on Google for the search "fighting game forum."

I don't know if it's just my google but we are now 6th on the first page for that search.

Oooooooh snap we are. I guess the Twitter links are helping with that. Awesome!
KEP
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements