ideas to get more people into fighting games

Found glitches? Don't like something? Let us know.

Postby PlatinumPerk » May 23rd, 2014, 6:13 pm

go back to Canada
PlatinumPerk

Postby Helnova » May 23rd, 2014, 6:58 pm

Maybe newcomers find fighting games as innaccessible as I find your wall of text :kappa:

Now... we are free.
Helnova

Gamertag: FBV Helnova
PSN ID: Helnova

Postby Santaclaus » May 24th, 2014, 8:29 am

Pecka' wrote:I think ya'll kinnda miss the point.

That's why it's important to have multiple payment options, you can just pay full price and get the game with all the characters unlocked.

Or you could play free to play, get 1 character, and have a free character rotation every week, to give players a chance to try everyone out over time as they gather points. And not get them sick playing one character all the time.

Pecka said it all perfectly :)

I thought it goes without saying that in the perfect world everyone would buy the whole game, infest a lot of time in it and gets better. I don't it either when one has the advantage over the other, but in the real world it has showed that the current model just doesnt work so well. This topic is not about wether you do or do not like something. it's about discussing what model WOULD work to attract as many people into fighting games as possible.

@ Pecka, Deviant, Canadian :bane: I've read your inputs, but I dont have the time to go in depth about them now. but thanks for them, I will reply later :D
Santaclaus

Gamertag: CorridorsOfTime
PSN ID: CorridorsOfTime

Postby Ralenzo » May 24th, 2014, 8:45 am

Well I think not restricting people from obvious important stuff like characters, meter and super and ultra would work. People like me don't like to be restricted or be forced to do stuff like trials etc. I think all those things needs to be there and accessible but it should always be free of choice and not enforced, that's the most important stuff.
Forcing people to do a trial mode with a character before u can use them online is just stupid imo.
~ Analyzing your defeat would be a waste of time. The truth is painfully simple: You lost because you aren't me ~
Ralenzo

Gamertag: Ralenzo
PSN ID: Ralenzo

Postby Santaclaus » May 24th, 2014, 9:02 am

Ralenzo wrote:Well I think not restricting people from obvious important stuff like characters, meter and super and ultra would work. People like me don't like to be restricted or be forced to do stuff like trials etc. I think all those things needs to be there and accessible but it should always be free of choice and not enforced, that's the most important stuff.
Forcing people to do a trial mode with a character before u can use them online is just stupid imo.

well...thats why its possible to buy the whole game for retail price :)
Santaclaus

Gamertag: CorridorsOfTime
PSN ID: CorridorsOfTime

Postby Sasuga » May 24th, 2014, 9:23 am

F2P is a good idea. What would help casual gamers get into fightinggames could be a story mode. Imagine a fightingame that rotates the roster for a fee per season. What you could do is release characters per season and add an ongoing storymode to it, through weekly episodes. Similar to MK9's storymode. So every week a new episode is released, which can focus on an existing character development or introducing new characters and their part in the story.

Adding a lot of content that people can do by themselves should help. Bonus stages, trials, etc. etc. MK9 is a good example. It has lots of content and lots of unlockable stuff. Injustice too, btw. Lots of casual friendly stuff in there.

The online matchmaking should be smarter so new players are not pitted against much better players.

There is so many things that can draw new players into fightinggames with F2P. Most of it already exists in some game or another. KI does things right, LoL does things right, etc. etc.

And then there is game balance. Don't put in characters that are easy t play and have lots of abusable stuff.
pre-patch Superman, I'm looking at you. Bad character balance ruins it for everybody. Better test a bit longer and end up with more people still playing after a while.

On the other had I think that most people that would be into fightinggames already are.

And I think that tournaments should be advertised ingame. You know this yourself: there is nothing more motivating to get good at a game then to watch high level gameplay. This should also help people find the way to their local scenes.
Khun chôp mái?
Sasuga

Gamertag: TimelessVisions
PSN ID: Kizuku-Kikai

Previous

Return to Feedback & Suggestions